Monday, September 9, 2019

A Bit of Catch-up...

Life continues even when you are preparing to leave and are on a big vacation. After I finished my final post on this Blog before we headed to South Africa, I had these pictures that I would like to remember. So, I shall post them here.

First is our precious little Emelia enjoying the snuggles of a warm towel after her bath. This child has the most wonderful smile. 
On August 12th Hayden sent us this picture with a thank you. For one of his Boy Scout merit badges (I think I have the right wording there) he needed to work with paint. Andie, his mom and our daughter, purchased these three shelves for him to store things in his room. You know, a mother's effort to try her best to get things off a child's bedroom floor. The stories I could tell about this with Andie when she was Hayden's age. Alas, I will leave that at that. Anyhow, the Mini's were headed to Sadieville for their sleepovers and Hayden asked Claude if he would help him stain these. Claude assured him he had stain and brushes and to bring them with him. Claude helped Hayden do the staining on these and they turned out great. They match the other furniture in Hayden's room perfectly and they hold a number of his treasures. Good things all around on this project. 
I mentioned in a previous Blog post that my mum-in-law fell and broke her wrist the day I fell and messed up my three front teeth. She had to have surgery on her wrist to repair it. While she visited us this year, I pointed out the Queen Anne's Lace flowers along the roadway. She had not heard of them. I guess they don't grow in Utah. I sent Bonnie this picture of one of them instead of sending a real flower she would have to take care of. I wanted her to see the red flower in the center of all the white flowers. It is called Queen Anne's Lace because, supposedly, when Queen Anne was working on some needlework, she pricked her finger and a drop of blood fell on her white lace dress. Hence, the flower looks like the lace with a drop of blood on it. These are actually weeds here. Papa had a profuse amount of them in his back yard in the apartment. He loved them. I would pick one each year and bring it into his apartment for him to see and share the story of Queen Anne with him. Pretty little flower with a nice story.
Little Emelia has some medical issues. I believe Michelle watched Raelyn one day while Katelyn took Emelia to the doctor. Michelle was Raelyn's caregiver when Katelyn was working full-time and Raelyn and Michelle have a special friendship. These pictures were taken by Michelle of our little Raelyn helping and playing at Michelle's home.
This was taken more recently but it fits with my grand and great grand grandmonster theme so I will post it with these. Aubrey and little Nelson went bowling. I didn't know they had these contraptions so little kids could bowl. Nelson is about to turn 2 years old. How fun is that?! Aubrey included video and Nelson was having great fun.
There you have it. A bit of catch-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment