Monday, September 9, 2019

How to Fill a Week When Getting Ready for Company...

August 25th this picture popped up on my Facebook news feed. I looked at it and realized one year ago I was walking around with a huge bandage on my nose as I healed from Moh's surgery that required a graft of skin and cartilage from my ear to restore my nose to as close to normal as it was before removing the skin cancer. I found it a mite ironic that I am now walking around with a flipper in my mouth as my gums heal from being shattered after falling an three teeth being jammed up in said gum. Makes one wonder what will happen next year?!
Claude and I were reading 1 Corinthians in the New Testament on Sunday morning. I found two verses that I loved. I sent them in my weekly eMail to the missionaries that serve from our ward and the Elkhorn Creek Ward. I told them that I loved the 'Paulisms' found in Paul's letters in the New Testament. I also suggested they would make great memes. I also included a few pictures from our South Africa trip. 

The next day I received an eMail response from one of the missionaries, Sister Camryn Barber. She took time and made memes of Paul's words using my South Africa pictures. I was blown away. I share them here for your enjoyment.
August 26th was National Dog Day or some such thing. I kept seeing people post pictures of their dogs. This wacky thought came into my head. I took a picture of this dog and posted it on Facebook with this note: "In honor of National Dog Day. This is the most well behaved pet we have ever owned. The grandmonsters can play with it and we never worry. And...the food bill is extremely low!!" Now that is funny people.  
August 27th I had an appointment with Dr. King, the dentist who pulled my three teeth and sewed my gum back together. I was not allowed to have any soda until the stitches were removed. Soda pop erodes stitches. The night before my teeth were pulled and the gum was stitched up, I did drink two sodas as I knew it would be a long time till I had another. I was very good at leaving soda alone the entire time. Lots of water, even the entire time we were on vacation. Occasionally a glass of juice. I was prepared to not have soda until the stitches came out. However, I will admit I was beginning to get weary of the little strings hanging from my gums where the stitches had been placed. You feel them with your tongue and it is strange. I watched my hubby have two dental implants. One worked and the second did not. Claude suffered through a year of trying to get that implant to work before he just gave up. I told the dentist and his office staff multiple times that they were to wait as long as needed to be sure this gum was healed. So I was pleasantly surprised when the stitches in my gums were removed on August 27th. I looked at them and said, "May I now have a soda?" They assured me I could and that things were healing well. There was one red place but it was probably because the stitch in that spot was irritating the gum. I left that dental office and went directly to Sonic and purchased a Mello Yello. I have to admit it was a lot more fizzy than I remembered. I am still good. I only have one soda a day and the rest of the time I drink water. It is nice to have a soda each day though. I will readily admit that.
On the 27th Claude also finished this bench. Isn't it cute. When we visited Josephine's Sculpture Garden benches like this were placed around the garden. They were painted in bright colors and had lots of different designs on them. Claude and I decided that it would be a fun thing for our grandmonsters to have a bench to paint all over. So we took pictures and Claude made a plan based on the pictures and this is the result of his efforts. I was ecstatic. This is just what we wanted. 
On August 29th Claude and I decided we needed a good date. The Florence Freedom baseball team was having their last game of the season and it was a home game. To the ball park we would go. 
As we entered the stadium, there were super heroes a plenty. The only one I recognized was Batman. I took these two pictures and sent them via text to Hayden and Bailey and asked for their help in identifying what they were about. Hayden said he didn't know. Bailey assured me they were the Miami Dolphins!! Goodness. 
It was a good game. The Freedom won. Uncle Slam was there to entertain. Food was good. It was a great night to be at the ball park. Turns out there is a tradition for the last home game of the season. This tradition is to TP the ball field. They give a roll of toilet paper to any attendee who wants to participate. They ask that you hold the roll and not throw it till the announcer tells you to. Ummm...that did not happen. This was the beginning of the TPing before they were told it was okay to throw. Everyone was having a great time.
Now we are ready for company to fill the next weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment