Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Football and Cross Country...Again!!

Friday, September 6th, found Claude and me getting back in the Jeep to go back to LaGrange. This time we were dressed in the Oldham County school colors. We were really stylin'. 
We arrived just in time to buy tickets for the football game and to watch Hayden and the band begin to play before the game started. This was now their third home game so the band was getting the routine down great. This was also 8th grade night. A time when the 8th graders are invited to play with the high school band at a football game so they get excited about continuing to take band in high school. The 8th grade did not march in the half-time show. They just sat with the high school band in the stands and played the songs they knew. Here are a few pictures of our young baritone player. Again, he is on the top row in the stands on the right end. I tried to draw a circle around him. The guy with his arms out is not Hayden. Someone in the band will paint on their faces if they want. This night Hayden sported a bass clef on his right cheek and OC on his left cheek. Such fun. 
Look at Hayden in the middle tipping his hat at his Gramma. Love this young man! 
We spent the night at the Marx's again so we could go to Bailey's cross country meet on Saturday. Before we left, Bailey came to me with the brush and things she uses to fix her hair in the morning. She told me her mother told her that I taught Andie how to braid hair. Andie was sure I could help her with french braid pigtails. I assured her I had not done that for years but would be happy to give it a try. We were successful. Yeah us! We made to Creasy Mahan for the Rumble in the Jungle. The girl ran and ran and ran.
Then Claude headed the Jeep for Sadieville so I could get my car and head back to Georgetown to visit Papa. Such is our life. Good time with the Mini's. Nice visit with Papa. We call this a win-win!!

No comments:

Post a Comment