Monday, June 13, 2011

Can You Find...

While in Michigan I received a beautiful gift from my Aubrey Anne. She made this lovely creature in an art class at school. It is a pink dragonfly. We used to call them 'skeeterhawks' when I was a little girl in Louisiana. It was great fun to try and catch them just as you would a butterfly.

I have nestled this pink dragon fly in a vase of flowers in my sewing room. That vase has flowers made from the hand prints of Hayden and Bailey from several years ago. There is also an old iron from my Gramma Fisch, my mother's mom.

The picture on the wall is a poem Andie gave me some years ago title "When I am an Old Woman".  The poem starts out "When I am an old woman I shall wear purple with red hats..."  Now I am a lover of the color purple, always have been. I got this poem long before I ever heard of the 'Red Hat Ladies' whom I imagine use this lovely poem as their Credo. I just love it because it was given to me by my daughter and I love purple.

Hope you found that love pink dragonfly Miss Aubrey Anne made and gave to me. I love having this treasure nestled in the sewing/craft/office room of mine. I see my grandmonsters on each and every wall and surface in this room and I am so happy to add another treasure.

Thank you Aubrey for thinking of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment