Monday, June 27, 2011

A Little Beauty...

This morning I set to work diligently with household chores.  I had a lot I wanted to get done, more that I could really do, but I decided to just set to work and do what I could and be happy with each thing I accomplished.

As I worked in the kitchen, I felt the need to go out and check on my flowers in the front flower bed along the front porch. I planted some new annuals and we had a hard rain last night. I wanted to be sure they faired okay. This is what I found...

Now, the funny thing is, these pictures are of the perennials, not the annuals.

The daisies are my second favorite flower. My favorite flower is a magnolia. But daisies fit right close to them. This little bunch is gorgeous.

The green plant in the second picture is, however, new this year. I took a picture of it because it was surrounded by the daintiest little mushrooms. I've seen them in this flowerbed before. Not sure what kind of mushroom they are but they are very frail looking. This morning there were lots of them through the entire bed that runs the length of my front porch.

I did have a successful day at getting work done. I did all the laundry and ironing including the linens on two beds. I cleaned my kitchen, mopped its floors, washed the cabinets and rubbed Scott's Liquid Gold into them, cleaned the fridge, edited the City Commission minutes I took last week, and some other things.

It felt good to get all this done but it was comforting to find these beautiful flowers in my flowerbed to start my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment