Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Time for Family & Friends...

Wednesday, May 25th and Thursday, May 26th were days to visit with family and friends.Wednesday morning Uncle John came to visit followed by Aunt Jo.

I left Tremonton and headed to Bountiful.  My sister lives there and I was going to spend some time with her.

I got to Bountiful about noon. Mike, Junie's youngest, was in the driveway. He is such a handsome young man. I got my Aunt Sandi hugs from him which were much appreciated. We talked for a bit before he headed to Orem for the day.

Junie and I got in her car and headed to lunch at 'Kneaders'. This is a deli that makes its own bread, get it???  'Knead'ers. Cute. I enjoyed a wonderful chicken salad sandwich on a croissant. I'm amazed at the many ways one can make chicken salad. It was a wonderful light lunch.

Junie has a group of ladies she bowls with on Wednesday and I thought we were going there but Junie wanted to just visit and that was quite alright with me. My sisters have always lived far away from me (or I have lived far away from them) so the opportunities to just visit for a bit are often few and far between.

We spent a wonderful afternoon and evening just talking. Joseph came and I was able to see him. It has been years since I visited with Joseph and it was great to see him again. He is also a handsome guy with a face that lights up the room.

Junie and I visited on her front porch. She lives in a beautiful home on the side of the mountain right across from the Bountiful Utah Temple. I took this series of four photos beginning at the left where you view the Bountiful Temple and ending with Antelope Island on the right.


.

Junie made us a wonderful stir-fry dinner and also shared some insights about visit San Juan, Puerto Rico. Claude and I have a trip planned there in the future. I looked up and realized it was late enough for the sun to be setting.
Time to head back to Tremonton.

While I was in Bountiful, Julie and Cordell, Claude's brother and his wife, visited Claude, his mom and Katelyn. They were on their Razor. This is the latest and greatest in outdoor vehicle fun. It appears to be on the fast tract to replacing everyone's 4-wheelers. More about this little bundle of fun in a later post.

Thursday we invited friends from our Maryland days to come to Bonnie's home in Thatcher for dinner. Claude and Bonnie did the cooking.

Lynette and Shannon came for a visit that day and took Katelyn back to Huntsville with them in the evening.

Brian and Evelyn Redfield came from Pocatello, Idaho and Doyle and Delene Peterson came from Highland, Utah and we enjoyed a wonderful dinner and time to have a good visit and catch up on families and lives. It was so good to visit with these good people who have been a big part of our lives.
Friday, May 27th would be a day just to visit with Bonnie. She had a sewing project for me. I would get that done and a lot of reading in my novel. Sadie came to visit with her three little girls. What fun. The last time I saw Sadie she was pregnant with her second little girl. These little ones all have fun personalities.

Friday Lynette and Shannon treated Katelyn to a day in Salt Lake City. This was one of the things Katelyn really wanted to do. They visited lots of places and had a great day. In one of the museums Katelyn found the prequil to a children's book I own and love. She purchased it for me, love her little heart!

The book I own is called 'The Quiltmaker's Gift". It is a beautiful story of an old woman who makes quilts and only gives them to needy people. A rich king wanted one and she would not give him one until he gave away all he had to others. He is selfish and it takes him a while to find the joy in giving away his things. In the end he is a happy person with only one possession left, his throne, which he gives to the old quiltmaker to sit in as she makes her quilts. She gives him the quilt she has made for him. It fits perfectly with the New Testament story of the Rich Young Ruler. I had used it the Sunday before we left Kentucky in my Sunday School lesson and loaned the book as part of that lesson to a family to use for a Family Home Evening with the New Testament story.

The prequil Katelyn purchased for me is titled "The Quiltmaker's Journey". It is the story of how her life's path led her to be the quiltmaker. It is just as beautiful a story and book as the one I already own. Thank you Katelyn for thinking of me.

These three days were just very nice opportunities to reconnect with family and friends.  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment