Thursday, December 1, 2011

Comfort...

The inside of my home is ready for Christmas. I just love it decorated for Christmas.

When Claude was visiting his mom, I started carrying the boxes of decorations up the stairs and collecting them in the guest bedroom. Thanksgiving I had the missionaries bring up the big boxes with the tree in them.

Then I took part of each day to do a bit of the decorating. Friday I got everything out and placed in the house except the tree. Saturday I put the tree together. Then I put on the lights, garland and decorations.

Then I sent a picture to my hubby of the decorated tree and told  him it was 'safe' for him to come home now. He was one happy camper.

Saturday morning I looked at my home decorated with the exception of the tree and realized how much difference that tree makes. It just fills up and finishes off the decorating in the house.

I've turned the lights on during the day every day and totally enjoyed walking by or sitting in the living room with the tree decorated and lit.

Yesterday Claude had an afternoon and evening at home.  At the end of the day, just before bedtime, he commented about how nice it was to be in our home and enjoy the feeling that is here.

Here is my tree.
Now my time will be spent finishing all those things that make December feel like December. And, they will be much easier to do because of this tree and the joy it seems to bring with it each December. 

No comments:

Post a Comment