Saturday, December 3, 2011

Up In The Air Senior Birdman...

Gotta love that Groupon action!!  They sent another offer for a greatly reduced flying session and a classroom lesson about flying. You even get the book to record your flight times in.

Curiosity piqued I queried my hubby about his interesting in soaring with the eagles again. His reply, "Sure!!"

To my trusty laptop I rushed and purchased that Groupon deal.

Yesterday was the flight. The pilot offered to let me ride with them. My purpose was to take pictures of Claude flying and I couldn't do that inside the plane. So I declined the offer.
It amazed me once again how quickly they get you up in the air with no real training. I took these pictures and a few others. Then I headed back into the hanger and their office.

Soon I heard the rumble of the plane and went out front to get pictures of the take off. I could see the plane taxiing around to the run way. I saw another plane taking off. I waited and saw Claude's plane moving to the end of the runway for his take off. That was out of my range of vision due to a slight hill. Then I saw Claude's plane taking off. New camera at the ready, I was taking video of the take off. Then I quickly switched to pictures and took some stills of the plane in the air.

Being a bit cold yesterday, I headed back into the office to do some projects I brought with me.

The pilots partner was in the office by then. He struck up a conversation. We chatted for a few minutes and then he said, "There they go!"  What...what...???

That's right folks. I took video and still shots of some other guy flying some other plane. Geez!!!  I just laughed at the silliness of it all.

Claude totally enjoyed his flying experience again. He said he got more actually flying, take-off and landing time this go round. His pilot told him he was actually a natural at the flying. He even figured Claude could be soloing quicker than most people. He said Claude doesn't seem to be bothered by all the gauges, he just flies the plane with a very steady hand. Who would have thought?

It was great fun to see the Big Guy smiling after his flight again. It was also great fun to zip on over to Schlotzsky's for a sandwich and Cinnabon for lunch. Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment