Thursday, December 29, 2011

Joseph (a.k.a. Hagrid)...

I know, I know...not a lot of posting lately. I felt much more inclined to enjoy my family than sit in front of this computer screen. We have one more weekend of family visits and then I'll post Christmas pictures. Besides, I want to add Andie's to my collection since it takes at least two of us to cover most of what happens over Christmas.

However, this morning I was picking up a few things and putting them back in their right place after our whirlwind Christmas weekend and before the next round of visitors, and I came across this little item.
My grandmonsters have all enjoyed playing with the Nativity. My kids did also. When they were little I had a set made of heavy blocks of wood. I believe those went with Nissa after she had Katelyn.

As we acquired grandmonsters the need arose for something they could play with and not hurt. I have lots of Nativity sets around the house in varying sizes but nothing they could actually move and play with. A few years ago I found this little treasure. There are five finger puppets and they fit in a little blue velvet envelope. It's the "Pocket Nativity".

Sunday, while Andie and I were diligently trying to complete the Christmas puzzle, Bailey wanted to play with the very nice Nativity set in my dining room. I told her that was just to look at but I had something she could play with.

I took her to the entryway where I keep a little wooden basket with a few Christmas kids toys. Inside was this Pocket Nativity.

We opened it and Bailey was really happy with the finger puppets. She looked at one a bit and then we made note that Joseph (second from left) looks a bit like Hagrid.  Oh My!  What do you think?

Nonetheless, Joseph (a.k.a. Hagrid) was able to keep our little Bailey amused for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment