Tuesday, February 5, 2013

eMail's Can Be Fun...

Yesterday, after a day sitting at my computer working on my Institute lesson all day long, I checked eMail's before I left my computer. This is what I found.

FROM:  Claude J Christensen
TO:  Sandi Christensen
RE:  Date Night

Hello,

I would like the honour of your company on the evening of February13, 2013 for an event of fine dining. Would you be so kind as to confirm your interest in and availability for such an evening?

Sincerely,
Your husband and eternal partner and most ardent admirer.

Respectfully,
Claude J. Christensen

I was deeply touched by his sentiment. Our 43rd anniversary is Friday the 13th of February. Then I scrolled down a little further and found this additional bit of information.

(this is NOT a BGADD event...)

I found myself alone in my sewing room laughing hysterically. BGADD stands for Bluegrass Area Development District. They have a quarterly dinner meeting on a Wednesday evening. This is the meeting we took Katelyn to a couple of years ago and she seconded the motion to close the meeting when she really wasn't supposed to but because she was bored out of her noggin and wanted to head for Sadieville. Now every quarter when we attend these dinner meetings I send an eMail to Katelyn with the RE: that says "Guess Where We Are?" and the body of the eMail that states "I second it!!"  How nice that the Big Guy is not trying to pass off business dinners as an appropriate anniversary dinner.

I'm still laughing...

No comments:

Post a Comment