Friday, February 1, 2013

Mail Order Madness...

In what has seemed a mini-marathon, I have finally received a much awaited package. Claude's sister, Joann, has sent us a gift card to Deseret Book each Christmas. My hubby has cheerfully given me to gift card to purchase as I choose.

This year I ordered two new books of organ prelude music. I have four of these already and love them. They are 'chain' books. They use the hymns out of the hymnal and arrange them one right after the other with an appropriate interlude between to change the keys in which they are played. I believe there are actually 8 in the series. I have totally enjoyed the four I have and made great use of them. Now that I'm playing the organ every Sunday again it is nice to have something different to play. More for me that others probably. We are a noisy lot at Church and I'm sure I get as much enjoyment out of playing that organ for prelude as any others do. At least as the chapel starts to fill and everyone is greeting each other I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few hearing the prelude. I do start to play prelude 30 minutes prior to the meetings so that those who are there early can sit quietly and enjoy the peace of the hymns. Occasionally you'll even hear someone humming along in that quiet before the congregation fills the chapel.

So, I ordered two more that were available. In addition I ordered a new book by Jeffrey R. Holland. Couldn't resist me another Jeffrey R. Holland book. And I ordered two birthday presents for future use. Needless to say, I overspent my gift card but that is just fine.

I placed the order on the 4th of January. I received a notice on the 9th of January that the order was shipped. I waited...and waited...and waited...and then began to wonder...what happened to my order. I sat down last week to check my eMails.

I keep a saved folder on my computer with all the eMail traffic about any orders that I'm working on. I went through those and clicked the link to the FedEx tracking of the package after it was sent. It turned out the package got as far as about an hour north of us in Kentucky and was reported as 'damaged' and returned to Deseret Book per their instructions.

I checked back on Deseret Book's website and found a place to send an eMail regarding this package and it's current whereabouts. On Friday the 25th I sent an eMail with all pertinent information for them to find the order and let me know what happened to it. Monday I received an eMail from a nice lady. She said they did get the package back. They were back logged on getting these things sorted out with clearing out Christmas issues and orders. She did find my order and asked if I wanted a refund or a re-order. I opted for the re-order. I got another eMail in the afternoon stating she had done the re-order. The next day I received an eMail stating my order shipped. The other day my order came in the mail.

I'm truly happy to get these new books and my other treasures. Now I just need to get to the Church and give these books a try out on the organ. Yeah!!

Thank you Joann for thinking of us. I truly enjoy that bit of Christmas that you provide for us. It is great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment