Tuesday, October 27, 2015

A Japanese Treasure...

When we travel, we have developed the habit of looking for a few things for our home. One of these is something, typical of the country we are visiting, which we can hang on the wall in our basement. As I read about Japan, I kept hearing of 'wood block prints'. I told Claude that might be something we would find for a souvenir. 

While touring Kyoto, we visited the Kyoto Handicraft Center which is filled with items made in Japan by Japanese hands. There was an area of the store full of wood block prints. Claude and I perused them all and came up with one we both really liked. 

I took it to Michael's a couple of weeks ago and picked out the perfect frame. Yesterday I picked it up and we are both very happy with how it turned out. 
Now to find the perfect place to hang it in the basement...hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment