Saturday, October 31, 2015

More Moments in Time From This Week...

Wednesday, October 28th, Claude spoke at the Interim Committee on Local Government in Frankfort, Kentucky at the Capitol as 1st Vice President of Kentucky League of Cities. Here are a few pictures of Claude, Roddy Harrison (President KLC) and John Steiner (Executive Director of KLC) as they testify and state the KLC 2016 Legislative agenda.
The last picture looks like someone said, "Everyone face right" and they did!!

While Claude did that, Papa and I went to the nursing home and I taught Institute. 

Thursday I finished the latest afghan. I taught two wonderful young people in Institute several years ago. It was so fun to watch their friendship blossom and become love. Claude and I attended their wedding. Now they are having their first baby and it will be a little girl. This blanket is for their bundle of joy due to arrive in November. 
Thursday Claude and I also went to the Rosenwald School to retrieve some historical information for me to study. Then we opened the Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church which is the current restoration project and retrieved some historical artifacts from the inside to save as display items after the church is restored. Here are a few pictures of the interior. I posted exterior work done a few weeks ago. 
Being in that musty environment set my cold back a day or two. But we are happy we saved some items to be displayed later.

Friday I picked up Papa and we drove to Sunset Memorial Gardens to pay Mom a visit and put new flowers on her grave. We were going to do this last Monday but when I got to Papa's house he was suddenly very ill. Hurled, messed up stomach. It was a blessing my visit was right at the time it started. Helped him through the final hurling and nestled him in his chair and stayed till I was sure he was okay. He had a bad voice for a while but I really think that was the hurling. Friday was our second and successful try at getting to the cemetery.
Then we went for a drive through the countryside. This time we managed to find a field of cows with several camels in it. These camels had two humps. Not something one usually sees in Kentucky. But, they were there and quite a fun find on our journey. There was still color on the trees and some trees just now beginning to change. It was a lovely ride and we found roads we had never been on. That is always a plus.

My middlemost grandmonster, Aubrey Anne, posted on Facebook, "What are you dressing up for on Halloween?"  I posted that I was going as a Gramma.  Friday evening was Trunk or Treat at the Church. The Institute class was to help the little ones make ghosts out of Tootsie Roll Pops and Kleenex. I wore my Halloween sweater. Bought it many, many, many years ago and wear it every Halloween. Will wear it tonight when the trick-or-treaters come to the door. I posted this for Aubrey and told her I was 'in costume'!
So Saturday is a little cold and cloudy with a chance of a shower later today. I'm checking things off this massive to-do list and enjoying our home. I do love being home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment