Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Autumn Gives Pause...

Spent a couple of days in my home not feeling well. Looking out our window and the stand of trees behind our home. Loving the colors of the leaves, the sky, the bark on the trees, the brownness of the earth. Wanting to be right inside all the color.
Yesterday I had to go to Lexington for an errand. Gasoline was very inexpensive at the Walmart so I pulled in to fill my half empty gas tank. I looked around and again noticed all those beautiful leaves. I decided to pause and enjoy and fill the half empty tank of my heart.
This is my journey. Hopefully it will be pleasant to you as well.
Parked my car at the outer perimeter of this shopping area and walked across to this little park area I have driven past so many times in the last 11 years. Wanted to stop and see it close. Never did. Until yesterday. What a delight. 
These are actually three trees, different angles.
Don't you feel like you are right inside the color?
Watching it change from summer to autumn. 
The stream to fill the soul (of the trees and me).
Through the trees I found the cemetery.
I had learned several years back that this piece of ground was preserved when they built up Hamburg because there was a horse cemetery there. It is true. The man on the statue in the inside the gate is the one with the idea and the drive to create Hamburg Pavilion. Inside the gate is the cemetery. The names of the race horses buried here are the names of the streets in Hamburg.
 
When a horse is buried, they bury the head, heart and hoofs.
Nancy Hanks. 
Time to go back to my car just beyond the colorful trees. 
Look up!!
Look down!!
Look all around!!
I'm grateful I took time to 'pause' and enjoy Autumn. I am full again! 



























No comments:

Post a Comment