Saturday, October 24, 2015

A Wreath...

Our Countryside Homemaker's Club made wreaths for a craft project October 7th. Bridgette Whitaker taught us how to make wreaths with the new wide material that seems to be so popular. I made one and brought it home, happy with my effort but it needed some tweaking. I purchased some embellishments to add to it. But the real problem for me was the loops were big and when I held the wreath up it looked hollow. 

The last day the Marx's were here, Hayden and I were awake before Andie and Bailey. I went to my dining room table where the wreath has lain and set to work re-making it. I found pipe cleaners that were gold in color in my craft supplies. The former ties were brown pipe cleaners and showed through the loose big loops of fabric. Then I carefully undid each loop and re-tied them to the metal wreath frame with the gold pipe cleaners. I made the loops smaller so there would be more of them and they would be closer together and fill in more. I also took the three extra ribbons I had previously placed around the wreath and put them all at the bottom of the wreath. Then I added the berry embellishments to those three ribbon centers. 

I showed Andie when she woke up and she said, "That is much better. It looks more like you."  I said to her, "Tight and compact?"  She chuckled and assured me it was just more like what I would like. 

I do like it better and it now hangs on the front door. Now...if the birds will just not make a next in this one, I will be ever so happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment