Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sick...AGAIN!!!

Last week I read on Facebook when a friend, Tricia, needed help hemming a dress for her daughter for a formal dance.

I shortly received a phone call from Katelyn who read the same Facebook post.  She wanted to be sure I read that one and she really thought I could help with hemming that dress. I shared with Katelyn I had read that post also and wondered if I couldn't help but was concerned about the fabric of the dress and whether my machine and hands could take that hem up and not mar the dress. Katelyn and I talked for a long time after that catching up on her life and sharing what we were each multi-tasking at as we talked on the phone. Just love talking with young people filling their lives with school, a new job, etc. Lots of energy, even if they are tired, and lots of hopes and dreams to fill each day.

Later I checked Facebook again and found that Nissa had commented on Tricia's post by saying she was sure her mom (me) could help with that hem. Tricia thanked Nissa and said she would message me.

Tricia did message me and I responded with my hopes that I could help and my concerns about the fabric.

We set up Saturday morning at 8:30am for Tricia to bring her daughter and the dress to my home to have a look.

Saturday morning, April 2nd, I was awake at 5am and did not feel good at all. I spent the rest of my early, early morning hurling. This was NOT good. At 7:30am I sent a comment back to Tricia on Facebook that she really shouldn't come to my home to let me look at the dress. Concerned she wouldn't get the message, I called Nissa and got Tricia's phone number and called and told her I was very ill and we couldn't work that day. She understood completely as her family went through this the week before. We left it that I would call when I was well again.

Monday I left Tricia a message that I was back in the game and we could look at the dress Tuesday or Thursday this week. Her kids are on Spring Break from school so today is the day and we'll see Tricia in about an hour.

I cannot believe how sick I have been this winter. This has to be, bar none, the worst winter I have ever had with being ill in my 60 years on earth. December I had bronchites. January I had Influenza A, February was okay, March I got something unidentified but it was like have bronchitis and the flu again. I did not go to the doctor but stayed inside my home for a full week trying to recuperate. Then this last weekend with some stomach bug.

I say, "Enough already".  I think the thing that gets me about this winter is I am keenly aware I am not the only person dealing with sickness multiple times through the winter. It just seems to be the winter has gripped us all with is microbial, viral fingers and wouldn't let go.

I'm healthy once again and looking forward to warmer weather and feeling healthy all the time...except that those pesky pollens that create allergy havoc are descending on us as I write. Maybe this won't be as bad a spring with allergies since I paid my dues during the winter with illness.  What do you think?  I think that thought has promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment