Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Free Skirt...

One of my projects was making a new liner for the hammock. We have a hammock frame and it had, note the word 'had', a cloth that you laid on. I'm calling it a liner because I can't think of another word to call it. That fabric aged being out in the elements and eventually tore through. We tucked the frame in the corner of the patio and saved the old liner for me to use as a pattern.

While at the fabric store, I checked out fabric in the really marked down section. I found a nice piece of denim and purchased what I thought it would take to make a new liner. I also got the hem tape to stitch on the edges.

I made the liner and it sewed up really quite easily. However, I overfigured on what I would need for the liner. I had a big piece of denim left over. What to do, what to do???

Then I remembered another item on my to do list was to cut up one of my mother's skirts and use it for a pattern to make me other skirts. This skirt fit me to a "T". It was just the right length to wear and not fight it to keep it down. It was just a perfect fit for me.

I cut the skirt apart. I laid out the extra denim fabric and cut me out a skirt. Then I sewed it together one evening. Claude was quite impressed with my ability.

Sunday I wore my new denim skirt with a white blouse and the neat yarn necklace the Marx family gave me for my birthday. I looked pretty snappy if I do say so myself.

I've saved the cut out skirt for a pattern and will make me another skirt at some point. Yeah me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment