Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Tribute...

While visiting Papa this afternoon, we went through the mail he has received. A part of this mail was something from Ryan Quarles. It was on beautiful parchment paper.

Ryan Quarles is our Kentucky State Representative. He is a wonderful young man who is a farmer by profession and a lawyer by education. When I say young, I believe I could easily be his mother. When he first ran for Representative and I first met him, I had a instant positive feeling about him. He was sincere. He did not want to trash talk his opponent. He had prepared himself through service at the state capitol to be ready to take a public office. I felt really good about endorsing him.

This last week we were invited to a fund-raiser for Ryan. Again, I was impressed by his goodness. He used his time to speak with us to tell us what was happening in our state government and what he proposed to do about it Again, no trash talk about his opponent. I truly believe he just a good person.

I recognized his name immediately on these documents and the attached business card.  There were five copies of the same document.
I brought this beautiful tribute to my mother home and shared it with my hubby. I have shared it with my family via eMail and will send originals to my sisters for their family histories.

Claude and I are both very appreciative and amazed that government paused to pay tribute to my mom. A tender expression means a great deal to us. We enjoyed each card and eMail we received and have saved everyone. This tribute will be placed with these cards in mom's funeral book. Thank you to everyone who has sent warm wishes and heartfelt caring expressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment