Thursday, August 9, 2012

Crafty Lady...

My pile of craft projects is TOTALLY out of hand...again!!!

I determined I would spend Wednesday morning trying to crank some of these projects out. I did that and finished what I really wanted to get done this morning.

I'm going to be the president of our Countryside Homemakers Club this year. Our previous president gave us each a little treat each month. There are at most 15 of us at any given meeting. I liked getting that little handmade treat and thought that was a tradition I would like to continue. I needed something for 9 month (we do not meet during the summer). I went through my stuff and came up with a few that I had received and or made in years past. I gathered the materials and put these crafts on my 'to do list'.

This one I cranked out earlier. It is a set of four coaster made of yarn run through monk cloth. I put a little quote in them and titled it "You 'Mat'ter... The quote is from Helen Keller and says, "I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."  I've packaged this treat in sandwich bags, four coasters and one quote per bag.
These cute turkeys will for the November's meeting. I don't know how long ago I made one of these for our home but I truly believe it was when we lived in Denver. This little turkey has a stick inside of it. You purchase a pineapple and use it for the turkey body. You just insert the stick in the bottom of the pineapple and the leafy crown at the other end is the turkey's tail. It makes a really cute table decoration.
For the December treat I made a pattern from a Christmas treat given to Claude and me long ago in Maryland from a young couple we love very much. I made a pattern and will fill these with something Christmasy.
Another thing I needed to make crafts for is the table the Countryside Homemakers will have at Sadieville in September, which is just a month away. The proceeds from our booth will be used to fill back packs with food for local elementary school kids in need. They take them home over the weekend.

These are crayon aprons made for that booth. I bought one at a thrift store years ago and made a pattern from it. I pulled the pattern out, went through my scraps of fabric and bias fold tape, pulled out some little tablets I had on hand, and purchased 5 packages of 8 crayons each.
I'm completed some little cross-stitch projects that will also be sold at the Countryside Homemaker's booth.

Now, I'm going to clear out those projects and work on my Sunday School lesson for Sunday the remainder of today. I'll tackle my own sewing goals tomorrow. Lots of mending and things in that pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment