Friday, June 10, 2016

A Kentucky Drive...

Yesterday, Thursday, June 9th, Papa and I took another long drive. Claude was out-of-town for that night, so we decided to take a really long drive.

One of the places we drove over was Pine Mountain.  One of Papa's favorite books as a boy was John Fox, Jr.'s "Little Shepherd of Kingdom Come". It was set in this area of Kentucky. There is even a Kingdom Come State Park. We did not take time to tour that this trip. We actually did that with Mimi and Papa before they moved to Kentucky. 

At the summit of this beautiful mountain, I found a pull-off and we stopped to enjoy the view. I took these pictures.
Kentucky is an amazing state. So beautiful in so many ways and places. I posted these pictures on Facebook, mainly so my sisters could know that Papa was out for another drive. One of my friends asked where it was. I told her Pine Mountain summit. It turns out her hubby proposed to her there. How neat is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment