Monday, June 6, 2016

More Time with My Mini's...

I'm telling you. These two weeks there were many, many drives between La Grange and Sadieville. Claude and I went to LaGrange for Hayden's 5th Grade Recognition on a Thursday. Then Friday Andie and the Mini's drove to Sadieville for family time on Memorial Day weekend. Tuesday I was back in La Grange for Field Day. Now, Thursday I'm again returning to La Grange to stay two nights to watch the Mini's.

They finished school on Wednesday, June 1st. (This was also Andie and Michael's 19th Anniversary.) However, Andie is a teacher and she had to work full days through today. Now, Hayden is old enough to stay home alone for a bit. He can be trusted to do his chores and spend maximum time enjoying his tablet and video games. He will stay inside and you really don't have to worry a lot about him. But, Bailey is sure she can do whatever Hayden can do even though she is 2 years younger. She is also attracted to anything 'shiny' (if you get my drift) and prone to wander in that direction. She loves to be outside more than inside and so she is just not at the age to be left alone for the day. Since Michael now works in La Grange, he can come home at noon time and check on the kids. But that still leaves lots of hours for them to be alone.

The Marx parents determined Hayden could have some days alone but they weren't ready to have him do three days alone. So the plan was to give him Thursday alone with his chores and electronics and a check by Michael at lunch time. Bailey would go to Bear Care for the day. I would be there all day Friday. Then Hayden could have Monday alone again. Also Andie and Michael had a wedding and reception to attend Friday night and I would cover the baby sitting duties.

Friday, the kids and I decided to get out of the house and go to the movie theater. They wanted to see Angry Birds which just opened. It was at a theater in Louisville called Xscape. While the movie was okay, I was really, really, really enjoying the seating. 
The drive to this theater was entertaining. The Mini's are prone to car sickness. I had placed a gallon Ziplock bag in the pocket on the back of each seat when they came for Spring break and we drove them to the Osage Orange Tree. They didn't need the bags and I left them in the car for future use. Turns out Bailey needed one. Just as we pulled into the theater parking lot, Hayden yells, Bailey is throwing up. Sure enough she had grabbed one of the bags and was filling it. She made no mess at all. Amazing. When we got inside the theater I suggested we get her a pretzel to put something on that little tummy. By the end of the movie she looked at me and told me she wanted another pretzel. Hmmmm...I think she was okay.

After the movie the kids were sure they were starving. I asked what they really wanted to eat. Both agreed Taco Bell sounded like a great fit for them. So we dined at Taco Bell. Hayden gave great directions to find the place. We placed our order and while we waited I did the 2016 version of Mommy quiet time by letting Hayden play on his tablet and Bailey used my Kindle. Once the food came the devices were put away and we talked while we ate. 
Bailey was ready to go home then. My suggestion was we go back to La Grange and have some quiet time till Mommy got home from work. Then we could say goodbye to her and hopefully Daddy. Then we would go to Dairy Queen for dinner and dessert, followed by a walk for Hayden. Kids agreed and we went back to La Grange.  They each picked a show for us to watch and we watched some America's Funniest Videos. I got some crocheting done while we watched television. A nice quiet afternoon.

Andie came home and the kids caught up with her about their adventures. Then we excused ourselves and went to Dairy Queen for chicken tenders and ice cream.

Hayden had to walk a mile every day for 30 days to earn a scout badge. We were going to walk a trail after dinner that was a mile long, however, it was sprinkling and we didn't want to get caught on a trail in the rain. One to plan B.

We went to the Marx basement. Hayden set up the television with little quick things he could stream from his tablet while he walked the treadmill. Bailey had a pillow she was making for Raelyn. So cute. She had taken two pieces of felt and stapled them together after filling between them with crunched up felt pieces. Very thoughtful but not very baby friendly. I brought yarn and a big needle and showed Bailey how to sew them together. She got a lot of it done while Hayden walked.
Had the kids in bed by 9:30. I was able to get a lot of the pictures I had taken over the last couple of weeks labeled and in order on my computer. 

Saturday morning we all slept in a bit. Then I packed up and headed to visit Papa before going home. Good little visit with the Marx family.

No comments:

Post a Comment