Sunday, June 5, 2016

Family in Sadieville...Saturday

Saturday we would have all the family here for the day. Claude would smoke his famous brisket. We started the day with some straw creations. I found this silly thing in the "As Seen on TV" section of the grocery store. Definitely an impulse buy but Bailey loved playing with it and drinking her orange juice through her creation. 
Hayden was totally enamored with Raelyn. He has always loved babies. Raelyn truly captured his heart. 
A friend from Church husband passed away. The funeral was Saturday. Claude and I provided an enormous pasta salad for the family dinner after the service. That salad had to be at the Church before the dinner. We also found some items we needed to pick up at the store. I took Hayden, Katelyn and Aubrey into Georgetown with me. We dropped the salad off at the Church, then on to Kroger for the items we needed, then to pick up Papa for the day. Back to Sadieville for the rest of the day. 

When we got home, Raelyn was finishing her nap. Since we wanted her happy for her first Papa sighting, we let her finish that nap. Does Papa look happy to meet Raelyn or what?
These are our daughters, Andie and Nissa. So fun to have all three kids together for a day. 
We took time Saturday afternoon to go on the deck and take some family pictures. Andie held Raelyn up to Papa and she loved his gray hair and big ears.  
I asked for a picture of me with Papa. All this time caring for him and I really wanted a picture of the two of us. Love how this turned out. 
And that rarest of all photos...the 5-Generation photo. Nissa (our oldest child), Papa (my father and Nissa's grandfather), Katelyn holding Raelyn (Nissa's oldest child and her first grandchild) and me (Papa's oldest child). My parents were married when my mother was 19 and she had me when she was 20. I was married when I was 19 and I had Nissa when I was 20. Nissa was married when she was 19 and she had Katelyn when she was 20. Katelyn broke the tradition and was married in her early 20's. All those early marriages make for the possibility of the 5-Generation photo. Papa and I also find it interesting that those first were all girls.  
We were missing two son-in-laws and a grandson. But this picture is of Claude and me with the grandmonsters and the great grandmonster. Clockwise starting with Hayden, Claude, Sandi, Aubrey, Bailey and Katelyn holding Raelyn.
 And another family picture...Claude, Andie, Sandi, Nissa and Jake.
And of course we needed a first great grandchild picture of Raelyn with me and Claude. 
We wanted one of my kids with Papa. Alas, even in their forties, children will be children. Papa had rabbit ears or horns or whatever you want to call it. My girls could not resist. There is a serious one but this is just right for blogging purposes. 
Took my laptop to Papa's today and we looked through all the picture he had not seen of family things. He pronounced this one his favorite of him and Raelyn. I will print this one for his wall of family pictures. 
And a picture of Papa with his grand, great grand and great great grandchildren. Clockwise starting with Bailey, Aubrey Anne, Katelyn, Drew, Hayden and Papa holding Raelyn.
Aubrey Anne graduated Wednesday the 25th of May. We were not able to go to Michigan for that so she brought her cap and diploma for a few pictures with Papa and then Claude and me. 
A few candid moments: Papa with Nissa, Nissa reading to Bailey, and the Mini's finding the taffy. 
In the evening we tried out the lawn dominoes Claude made a couple of years ago. Other than trying to figure out how to shuffle them, they were pretty fun to play with. Of course we had to have the obligatory setting up of the dominoes to tip them over and having them all fall down. 
And our final game of the evening was ring toss using the Styrofoam swimming pool noodles.  
We wore Papa completely out. But he had such a good day. Lots of hug and snuggles and time with family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment