Monday, June 27, 2016

Crab Apples!!!

So, my feet are killing me. I've walked the 15 millionth handful of stuff to the garage. I look out the side garage door window as I turn to go back for another load. What do my wandering eyes see? This happy sight.
This lovely little bunch of crab apples on our tree.  This is the first year they have actually born real crab apples. So very happy to see this.

When I was a child, my mother bottled lots of jellies and jams. Claude and I really don't eat much jelly or jam. But there is a crab apple tree on Sadieville City property. I picked their crab apples one year and made jelly which I gave to the kids at Christmas that year. It was a huge hit with the kids. So I would love to have some right on my own property (without the poison ivy vine running through it) to make some more jelly for our kids. 

This is truly not enough crab apples to make jelly. But there is hope and promise for the future in this bunch of crab apples. I like that. A lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment