Sunday, September 24, 2017

A New Great Grandmonster...

Thursday, September 21st, Aubrey Anne gave birth to her first baby and our 2nd Great Grandmonster. His name is Nelson Dwayne Thompson. He was 8 pounds 7 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long. The name Nelson is my father's middle name. Aubrey's father and his father and his grandfather all were named David Wayne Thompson. I'm guessing the Dwayne is a combination of David and Wayne.
So many, many concerns with this baby. Aubrey is not married, does not know the father for sure, and has no permanent home for her and Nelson. This gives this great grandmother a lot of angst. It is the first time I have felt super strongly that a baby needed to be placed for adoption. I know so many people that are great parents to so many adopted children. One family in our ward has 5 kids, all adopted. But Aubrey has been adamant she will not place her baby for adoption. We'll see but I have serious concerns.

Claude and I will make a trip to Michigan in a few weeks to meet this little man. I sent a blanket I made a month ago. Lots of prayers for this situation. Lots of prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment