Saturday, September 2, 2017

Interesting Things...

While talking to someone, we used the term 'bucket list'. I wondered where that term started. Did a little research and this is what I learned. Bucket list comes from the phrase 'kick the bucket' meaning getting things done before you die. Why does kick the bucket reference when you die though? More research. When someone was hanged or wanted to hang themselves, they would stand on a bucket and someone would kick the buck out from under them leaving them to hang till they died. Okay, that is a might gruesome. But I am sure I will think that process through now every time I use the term bucket list...and so will you!!

Katelyn took some of my crabapple jelly to work with her. I'm not sure if it was on a sandwich or what. Nonetheless, she works at a bank and a client came in who sells jams and jellies and things like that. Katelyn shared a taste of the crabapple jelly with this person. They fell in love with it. They were impressed that I would take the time to make a jelly instead of a jam. Not sure why. I asked Katelyn if they grow crabapples in Michigan. Not sure about that either. This person wanted the recipe I followed. I had to chuckle when I told Katelyn I simply followed the recipe in the Sure Jell box!! Oh My!!

Finished. Finally. My mother crocheted tablecloths for each of her daughters. I have the pattern book she used to make mine. I wanted to crochet each of my girls a tablecloth. I started one and measured Andie's kitchen table so I made it first. It has taken two years to finish. I will make one for Nissa but I want her to purchase her home and get a new table before I crochet it. Doesn't make much sense to do that for a table she won't be using, especially given how long it take to make one. There are 225 squares in this one. Each square takes about 1 1/2 hours. I crochet quickly so that is quite a bit of time. Then you have to crochet a border all around the outside edge to finish it off. Lots of hours and lots of love go into these things.
This is just fun. I posted a month ago about friends giving us salad dressing from Zia's in St. Louis. Well, we got the bright idea to see if we could order it. We could and I did. I order the regular, the fat-free and the sugar-free. I of course order too much. So we will be giving some of this to our kids for Christmas presents. It is just the best salad dressing. Our plan is to three all three and find which one we like best. Then we'll order that from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment