Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Miscellaneous Musings...

We keep a running grocery list on the counter in the kitchen. When we run out of something or think of something we need, we put it on the list. Every now and then one of us will stop and get groceries. As I passed this list laying on the counter, something caught my eye and I paused to see what I was really reading. This is vintage Claude. Can't tell you how many times I've gotten to the grocery store in our 47 years and found something embedded in the list that makes me laugh right out loud in the store. Can you find it in this picture?
Then, there is my thumb. On Monday, September 11th, the old nail finally came completely off. I believe the new nail will eventually grow completely out, however, it definitely has a big ridge at the bottom over the cuticle area (doesn't really show in the picture) that I believe will always be there. 
Claude participated in a 'Heart Walk' held at Georgetown Community Hospital by the Heart Association. It was a 3K walk, I believe. He had a good morning doing this walk on Saturday, September 16th. 
I didn't get to do this with him as I attended a baptism for a little girl that was a Sunbeam when I was Primary President. Now she is eight years old and was baptized. Very nice. Then I went to visit with Papa. I pulled through Burger King to get each of us a small soda. The car in front of me had these license plates in the back window. Cracked me up.
The most distressing thing is Claude's implant of his tooth. We do truly believe this tooth is snake-bit. It started to wiggle. Claude went to our family dentist and he thought it might be okay. Geez!! But he referred him to an oral surgeon who does implants since the surgeon Claude used for the implant was not available. Claude went to this new oral surgeon and he simple pulled the tooth right out with his bare hands. It was definitely a reject of that implant. There was a long sad story about getting this one in, in the first place. Now it didn't take. Claude made an appointment with the original oral surgeon and was supposed to have x-ray's taken the afternoon of the scout spaghetti dinner. Claude left me at Papa's for a visit, he went to the surgeon, then we were to head for LaGrange after he finished. It turns out the computer's mother board was bad at the surgeons and they had no computers and could do no x-rays. Claude could have sat and waited till 3pm to see if they could fix it. But that was too late to get to the spaghetti dinner so he left after rescheduling. We'll see how this goes. Claude is not amused...and I am not either.

No comments:

Post a Comment