Sunday, September 24, 2017

Creedence Clearwater Revisited...

Friday, September 22nd, Claude and I had ticket to see Creedence Clearwater Rivisited in Lawrenceburg, Indiana. This was at their Event Center an a new venue for us. This city has done an excellent job of getting their old downtown area in good shape to welcome people. 
Now, Claude and I learned something this time. I purchased the tickets on line. I printed the tickets at home right after I purchased them. I took them to Claude after I put the information on my calendar. Claude got the tickets and put the information on his calendar. We both put 7pm for the start time.

We stopped in Florence to have something to eat. I checked my Google Map and found there were three wrecks on I-75 between Florence, Kentucky and the exit to I-275 which we were taking. Goodness. The total wait time for these wrecks was anticipated to be 30 minutes. That was all the extra time in our plan. So, as soon as we finished eating, we quickly got in the Jeep and headed to the Lawrenceburg Event Center. We were pleasantly surprised that all the wreck activity was on the opposite side of I-75. Felt bad for those people but it was great for us. 

We arrived at the Lawenceburg Event Center at 6:45pm. Quickly took a walk to the Ohio River edge. Then into the venue. There was a place to line up for entry with a security thing to go through. However, there were very few people in the line. Claude and I were surprised at that but we got in line and started our wait. Pretty soon it was past 7pm and the security people were showing no signs of letting us into the seating. Hmmmm... Claude pulled out the tickets and we looked again. Sure enough it said 7pm. Now it was past 7pm and still only a few people in the line and no movement with the security check-in. Hmmmm... Claude looked at the tickets again and that is when we noticed the 'drs' after the time. It seems the doors open at 7pm. I Googled the event and, sure enough, the start time was really 8pm. I don't sit still well and an hour of sitting could well do me it. But there were lots of interesting people to watch as they came into the Event Center. 

Creedence Clearwater Revival broke up many years ago. This Creedence Clearwater Revisited had two of the original members of the band who are now in their 70's. They were the drummer and the bass player. The other three members were new to the group but were excellent. They played all the old favorites. The lead singer's voice was not exactly like John Fogerty but a very good close second. The audience was ready for this event. It was a really good evening, even if we waited an hour for it to start. Silly Us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment