Sunday, September 24, 2017

Visitor From the West...

My sister, Junie, visited September 19th through 22nd. She came to spend time with Papa. To facilitate that I had all his things in order Monday, September 18th and told him I was going to back away and let him have time with Junie. Which I did.

Junie's flight got in on Tuesday the 19th in the late afternoon. I called Papa just as her plane was to touch down to remind him she was coming and to give her another hour and a half to get to his apartment. She went directly to Papa's and came here after that visit.

Wednesday the 20th she visited him in the morning. She purchased the movie "Sargent York" for them to watch. This was the first movie Papa ever saw at the movie theater. Then she left for a bit to do her walk. She went back and took Papa to the nursing home. Claude and I had to be in Georgetown in the evening so we met her at Panera and all had dinner together. Claude and I each returned home after we finished our various responsibilities.

Thursday the 21st she took Papa for a car ride. She sent me a text as they were leaving. Claude drove me into Georgetown and we went through some more things in Papa's apartment to prepare for him to move out. Junie got back to Sadieville in the early evening. Claude prepared our dinner and we ate before our conference call with Junie's hubby, Steve, and Neffie and Mike, my other sister and her hubby. 

We all shared how we each felt Papa was doing and what we felt we should do next. It was the opinion of all of us that he is ready for the nursing home. It felt good to know my sisters were in agreement regarding this move. Then we discussed how to handle this financially. I made an appointment that afternoon for Wednesday, September 27th, to talk with Dr. Weckman as my first step in making this happen. 

Friday Junie slept in. She was going to the Ark Encounter on her way to the airport. She enjoyed that and got to the airport in plenty of time only to find the Cincinnati Airport had no electricity. Goodness. I Googled to find out what the problem was. It seems there was a computer issue in Atlanta with Delta Airlines and it shut down lots of flights. Junie said they had to check her purse by emptying it and patting her down as they had no power at security. My concern for her was all the glass windows in the Cincinnati airport with a very hot sun beating down on them. Wouldn't take long for that completely closed off area to get very hot with no air moving around. They finally got it all corrected and she was off to her home in Utah.

She had a good visit. I saw Papa Friday and he was happy with her visit and the drive they took. 

Now I must go through to steps to see if we can even get Papa out of his lease, which we just signed, and into the nursing home. First step, consult with his doctor. Wish me good fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment