Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Friday, October 17, 2008

Was up at 8:30am. And into get things done mode. I got Papa's laundry finished. The remainder of my apple drying and freezing finished, and the final things in my car for delivery from Humanitarian Service Day. I was out-the-door by 11:30am. I dropped Tiny and Papa's laundry off first. Then I headed to UK Hospital. This didn't work out and cost me many hours of valuable time. After many calls to find my location, I called Cardinal Hill and they said they would take the blankets I had to deliver to UK. So after 2 more U-turns on the way there, I found Cardinal Hill Pediatric Rehabilitation. They were so happy to get the books recorded on CD. And they cheerfully took the tied blankets to deliver to another portion of this hospital. I'm off to LaGrange to see the grandmonsters. They were having quiet time when I arrived. Now Hayden's version of quiet time is, "Mom, is quiet time over yet?" or singing at the top of his little lungs the theme song to The Polar Express. Both are quite delightful over the monitor. After the kids got up, Claude came out from his conference in Louisville and we had a fun evening feeding them pumpkin pizzas from a recipe Claude found in the paper and playing until time for bed. Andie and Michael got a much deserved date night. Claude headed back to the hotel and I headed to bed for the 5:30am wake-up call the next morning. While trying to teach me to sing the Polar Express theme song, Hayden made sure I knew I needed to put my hand by my mouth to say "All aboard" 2 times before you sing. Bailey can now say "All aboard!"

No comments:

Post a Comment