Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wednesday's Claude goes into Georgetown to man the desk from 1:30pm to 4:30pm for the Scott County Republican office. I have a couple of hours to get my shopping errands done. Then I spend a couple of hours with my parents. Papa sings at the nursing home and I sing some with him and visit my mom. This Wednesday I was going to Evan's Orchard to get a bushel of apples they were donating for Humanitarian Service Day. I drove out to the orchard and moved items from my trunk to my back seat so I could load the apples in the trunk. I locked my card with the remote as I walked to the store. The store is only 1 room. I looked first for apple syrup for my hubby. They had none. So I went to the counter and explained my purpose in being there. I asked for the donated bushel of apples to be something good to munch on. I asked to purchase a bushel of apples that good for pies and drying for my storage. As I got ready to pay for my apples, I realized I did not have my car keys. Not good... The girl helped me carry a bushel to my car, I called OnStar and they opened my car, I opened the trunk from inside the car and we loaded the apples in the trunk. I checked the back seat of my car and no keys. Back to the store to check there. No keys. Walked slowly back to my car checking the grass and gravel drive and no keys. Emptied my purse on the front seat, no keys. Walked slowly back to the store and thru it and then thru my purse for the 5th time, no keys. I walked back to my car and told the couple parking by me that if they saw keys they were mine and please let me know. The man stayed with me and we went through the car again, under the car, in the grass, thru the purse and walked back to the store, no keys. I called Claude and he had his keys with him. I called Papa and asked him to bring Claude's keys to me. The manager of the store walked with me to the car and we went through the car, under the car, in the grass, no keys. I walked back to the store, thru the store and into my purse, no keys. Then I decided to check in my purse in a zip pocket that I keep a small bottle of allergy pills and a small bottle of Advil and a small bottle of Tums (can you tell I'm old!!). Sure enough, there were the keys. I called Papa, but he was gone. I called Claude and told him to tell Papa not to come. As I left the store ALL the employees were waving at the silly lady who found her keys in her purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment