Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Today was the annual LDS Family Services training in Indianapolis. The plan was to have Lynn, Larry, John and myself meet at the Louisville stake center right off I-64 and drive together in John's car. I got there first and had a biscuit and Dr. Pepper from McDonald's across the street for breakfast. I felt safer sitting there at 6am instead of the dark parking lot across the street. I moved my car over at 6:30. Lynn came and joined me in my car. They a HUGE SUV drove up behind us. Larry popped out and John. Turns out Kristy wanted to ride also and she has this HUGE SUV. As I tried to hoist my gross tunnage into her back seat, she said to me, "Now, I need to be sure you know we are leaving at 1 or 2pm." The conference was not to be over until 4pm. I turned to Lynn and said, "Did you want to stay for all the conference, they are leaving at 1 or 2pm?" Lynn wanted to be there for the entire thing. I agreed. So she and I drove in my car and the others drove in Kristy's HUGE SUV. They rolled out some new things at this conference so the end result was that only Kristy returned to Lexington at 1:30pm. The remainder of us rode home in my car. The conference was great and I learned a lot. They served Hawaiian Haystacks for lunch and that was just wonderful. We did have a nice ride home and it was great to visit with these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment