Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Today was a good day. I had the morning to accomplish stuff. I walked my full 30 minutes on my treadmill for the first time in 2 months. With colds and a bruise foot I haven't been able to do that. It felt great! Then I got lots of stuff ticked off lists. Made a trip into Georgetown and took care of some medical business with Papa. Then he and I practiced music for singing tomorrow at the nursing home. I got a chance to visit Mimi and she is so much more healthy and talkative than even Sunday when I saw her last. I was there to start her eating her dinner and she was going great guns when I left. She fell last night but didn't hurt herself. Then I hurried to Steak 'n Shake for dinner with the hubster. He got a chocolate shake with his meal and didn't want it so I quickly drove it to Valorie. She and Spencer had a great time sharing their shake. The I visited our new neighbors for a while. Her mother passed away this weekend and the funeral was today. Her mom had Alzheimer's and she was caring for her at home. It as a sweet visit. Now I'm home playing computer again. Great day. Last night I determined I would be happier with this as a journal if I included pictures and rememberances of my life. Tonight I'm going to post a few pictures of me as a baby. The are from 1951. I was born, July 30, 1950. That was a Sunday. The old poem states 'A child that is born on the Sabbath Day is fair and wise and good and gay'. From what my unbiased parents have told me in the distant past...I was a happy baby. I remember my mom telling me that they didn't have a crib for me at first so I slept in a dresser drawer. I have most certainly outgrown that phase of my life! I do remember early being sick with a cold or something and my mom boiling a whole onion in a cloth and squeezing the juice to give me. I believe she put sugar or something in it to make it taste a little better. I was born at the Baptist Hospital in DeRidder, Louisiana. My parents lived in what I believe was originally an old barracks building. It had been made into 2 apartments. I remember us living in one and storing things in the other. I remember a front room and a back bedroom and a kitchen with a door to the back yard. There were stairs from the kitchen to the ground. Papa made us a huge swing set in the back yard out of telephone poles he sunk in the ground. I had a recurring nightmare as a child that I was playing in that swing and Satan would come driving up the side road in a red car (Yes, I dreamed in color!!). I would run to that back kitchen door and as I was opening it and trying to get in, Satan had one of my arms trying to pull me out and put me in his car, my parents had a firm grip of my other hand and pulled me into our home to safety. Okay, go ahead a dissect that dream and tell me what it means?? We had a little dog that would run away to the neighbors up the street. He was an old man and I can't remember his name now. He made things out of wood. We had 2 little bitty rocking chairs and a rocking horse made by this man. I remember us girls loving these toys for many years. That's enough for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment