Sunday, June 11, 2017

A Car Ride for Papa...

Summertime and time to get Papa our for a car ride. I try to set aside one day each week to et Papa out of the apartment and for a ride in the country. Friday, May 26th, we had a day with no rain and time could be made available. This time we tried going a bit north and then west before returning home. Loved the mailbox made in the shape of a fish we saw at one home. I did pause once to take a couple of pictures.
I don't think I can say it enough. Kentucky is simply beautiful. Never a bad drive as far as scenery goes. Papa was happy to be out and totally enjoyed this ride.

Friday evening Claude and I would go to dinner and then to Lowe's. We have taken to pausing every now and then and sitting on the front porch to have a soda. Claude noticed that the two chairs and tiny table we purchased 12 years ago are fading. He thought we might want to replace them. I suggested we put them on the deck in the back of the house. So after dinner at Panera we went to Lowe's and found two new chairs and a table that was a bit larger for the front porch. They are sitting there and we are very happy with them.

Saturday, Claude and I took a day at home. We each puttered with things we wanted to accomplish and paused frequently to chat. I was just a bit of heaven. Loved this little time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment