Sunday, June 11, 2017

Changes are Afoot...

Wednesday, March 24th, was the day Claude would return home. I enjoyed a quiet morning at home getting things done before going in to take Papa to the nursing home. 

Papa and I took music to the nursing home and had a nice visit there. Then I got him tucked in his apartment. 

That is when I received a text from Claude stating we needed to meet with the Stake President at 7:30pm that evening at the Georgetown building. I popped a text back to Claude to let him know I would be teaching Institute at that time. He assured me the Stake President knew that and would only take me out the class for a few minutes. 

During my dinner time before going to teach Institute I poured over my lesson plans and tried to find great places to pass off my teaching outline to a student. I was as prepared as I could be to do that and just said a little prayer that the timing would be such that it would work okay for the young adults. 

Pres. Jenkins visited the class as I was preparing to start our lesson. He assured me he would come and get me when it was time and I would be gone for a minimum amount of time. Okay.

Claude was arriving home from his DC trip and then coming to the Church. He tapped on the classroom door when he got to the Church. I stopped and opened the door, told him hi and that I needed to get back to the class. The kids chuckled. Oh my...would I get any lesson taught before I was called out. 

As it worked out I was at a great place to stop. I had told the kids I would need to leave for a bit when Pres. Jenkins came back. When the time came, I looked right a Josh Hale and said, "Josh, this is the lesson outline. You need to do this, this and this. I'll get back as quickly as I can." Why do I worry about these things. Josh cheerfully took that task in hand and I left. When I returned they were doing their journal entry for that part of the lesson. I sat and let Josh finish and he gave me back my outline. It all went so smoothly. An answer to a little prayer for me.

Pres. Jenkins was telling Claude he would be released from the High Council. Claude has served faithfully there for 6 or 7 years. He was the senior high councilor. His new calling at Church will be to oversee and get started a new program the Church has been running pilot programs on in other areas. They are combining the previous Employment Services and Perpetual Education programs and making a new program called Self-reliance Services. Claude would be called as the Director of Stake Self-reliance Services. Lots of work to get this off the ground in our stake. We have 11 units in our stake so lots of training and travel to get it up and running and the continuing on. There will be some way that this will include me working with Claude at some level with consideration given for the fact Papa must be cared for first. 

Change is an interesting thing. This one should be a good one for Claude and challenge him a bit. But he likes that kind of thing and is very good at organizing and the putting programs into action. This should be a good fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment