Sunday, June 11, 2017

Early to Rise...

Late (or early depending on your perspective) to bed makes a girl very tired...

Michael purchased Andie tickets to a concert by a group they like for Tuesday, March 23rd. I truly did not even know the name of the group when he gave her the tickets. They needed a sitter for the Mini's. Time to call in Ma (a.k.a. Sandi). 

However, that Tuesday morning I was calendared to go the meet with the Seniors attending Early Morning Seminary. I was up at 5:30am to get ready and be there on time. Had a nice meeting with three of them and returned home. I rested just a bit and did a few things at home. Then I left early for the Marx home so that I could visit with Papa on the way to their home.

Bailey rode the bus home so she got there at 2:30pm. I met her at the bus stop. We visited and watched a recorded Cupcake Wars show. Then we headed to Oldham County Middle School to watch Hayden at track practice. 

Bailey seemed to be starving. We popped popcorn at their home and she ate most of that for a snack. She told me she wanted to eat at one of two places: McDonald's or Taco Bell. I asked her if it was okay for Hayden to pick the one he wanted. She assured me that was just fine. When Hayden finished practice and got in the car he quickly chose Taco Bell. So we were off to have a quick dinner before going home. 

Hayden had an event that evening and we got him home after dinner to get cleaned up and change clothes for his event. Andie and Michael met at the house and we were gone to Hayden's event before they left for dinner and the concert. It always fun to hear the Mini's tease their parents about going on a date. 

Hayden was being inducted into the Beta Club. What is that you ask? I did! It is a service club. You must maintain at minimum a 3.5 grade point average and you must perform at minimum 20 hours of service. This is a nice club for a kid to participate in.
During the day, one of Hayden's teachers told the class they would be participating in a volleyball tournament for the next two days. Each class was to wear different color t-shirt. Hayden's class needed to wear pink. Goodness. Hayden sent a text to Andie about this and it fell my duty to be sure we found him a pink t-shirt. I checked to find the location of Michael's nearest their home. The Beta Club induction was brief and done by 7:30pm. Yippee!! Time to get to Michael's and home before bedtime. The kids had school the next day and didn't need to be out late. We found the right size and got him a t-shirt for $5. Yeah us!!

On the way home we got to in front of the Middle School and Hayden asked me to pull over so he could get out and walk some. I looked at my grandmonster and he was as white as a sheet. I quickly pulled into the school bus parking area and Hayden opened the door and got out. He immediately started to gag. Goodness. I went to my truck and pulled out a towel I keep to dry my car off after going through a car wash. Gave that to Hayden. He still hadn't thrown up but was really almost there. I rummaged in my car and pulled out the package of wipes I keep. I gave Hayden one and used the other to wipe around his face and on his neck. Sometimes that coolness can be very soothing when you feel that sick. I told him to keep wiping his face and neck until he felt better. Soon the color started coming back to his lips and I thought we might make it home okay. Fortunately Bailey was well occupied watching My Little Pony episodes on her iPod. He didn't hurl and we did make it home from the middle school

When we got the Mini's home they got ready for bed. Bailey was tucked in first and Hayden went to bed after that. I went downstairs to find a way to amuse myself till Andie and Michael got home. It wasn't long before I heard Bailey's footsteps. She was having trouble settling down. I asked if she wanted to snuggle till she fell asleep. She said that was exactly what she needed. A grandmother's delight. Snuggle time!! Back upstairs I went and snuggled with Bailey until I was pretty sure she was asleep. I tried to quietly roll out of her twin bed and landed with a plop on the floor. I couldn't help but laugh at the silliness of this 66 year old grandmother trying to leave quietly and failing miserably. Bailey awoke a bit but she was ready now to just fall on to sleep. We said good night and I went back downstairs.

Andie and Michael got home about 10:30pm. We chatted for a bit. I assured them Hayden had a pink t-shirt and was ready to wear it the next day. Then I was off for my drive home. It takes 1 1/2 hours. I stopped in Waddy/Peytona to get a soda and some trail mix to keep me going. I arrived home at 1am. I could have spent the night but I really wanted to sleep in my own bed for as long as I wanted to before getting up. Worked out great.

Love helping with our Mini's. They never had one cross word this time. Bailey even saved some of her popcorn for Hayden. It is so nice when they are on the same page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment