Monday, August 26, 2013

Family Moments...

When your family is spread across several states, you learn quickly to value every time you have an opportunity to be together.  This weekend was another of those precious moments snatched from the busyness that is life.

Andie and the Mini's arrived Friday evening just before bedtime.  There was enough time for hugs and a bit of play before bed. Bailey covered she and Claude with pillows.
Saturday Claude and I had a commitment to help with Sadieville clean-up from 7am to 10:30am. We got there on time and finished by 9am. Then we hustled home to clean all that sweat and grim off ourselves so we could enjoy family.

Nissa and Paul arrive Saturday around noon. Bailey was beside herself with joy that Paul was there. She was so excited he was coming. He is the big boy cousin that can give piggy back rides and so many fun things she loves to do. When he came in the house we called Bailey from the basement. She was giddy with delight. She moved over to his right side and hugged his right arm. Then she bubbled with delight and moved to his left arm and hugged it for a bit. It wasn't long before he picked her up and she just hugged this cousin she loves so very much.

Aubrey arrived about 12:30. Then we all gathered in for a nice family afternoon. It was a hot day so it would be an inside day. Andie made a run to Kroger in Georgetown to pick up things and she also gathered up Papa and Tiny and brought them out for the afternoon. Claude grilled burgers and hot dogs and made potato salad and beans for dinner. It was just a nice relaxing afternoon. We enjoyed dinner on the deck and then came in for root beer floats for dessert.  After dinner we all watched a show Claude and I DVR'd about the germs that live and thrive on our bodies. It was fascinating to us and we were just sure it would be great fun for the family. I now know it will be fodder for many conversations in the future. I took Papa and Tiny home while Nissa and Andie got children bedded down for the night.

Sunday morning was departure time for the Michigan contingent. Nissa's goal was to be on the road by 9am. She was on the road by 9:15am so she was close to her target time. I wanted a picture of these four grandmonsters together. It was determined we should take it on the front porch. Hayden determined the arrangement of those being photographed. I got two supposedly serious shots and two silly shots.

I told my girls I wanted a picture of them together. This is what they deigned to give me.
A little encouragement later and they did turn around for a picture I will treasure. Aren't they beautiful.
Andie had a later departure because of the Iron Man that happens in Louisville each year at this time. Many bikers go past their street and it is next to impossible to get up and down that street on Iron Man day.  The Mini's helped Claude clear some things off the DVR we had saved for them that they really don't care about anymore. They enjoyed a show after that and Andie had time to get a shower. I was very sick during the night and did not go to Church so I lay on the love seat just getting better.
 
While Andie had the Mini's cleaning up their mess in the basement, she sent Bailey up with a big of Lay's Baked BBQ Chips. Bailey strolled into the living room and announced I needed to purchase more of 'this kind of chips' and she held out the bag. I assured her I would do so and it would help me to remember if she put it on my grocery list. Later I found this on my grocery list.
It was a short quick visit. But it was just delightful to see and be with our family again.

No comments:

Post a Comment