Thursday, August 1, 2013

Father's Day 2013...

Included in this year's Father's Day celebration would be Claude and Papa, with a supporting cast of Sandi, Andie, Hayden and Bailey. We already had Bailey in Sadieville for her visit. Andie and Hayden would come on Friday and spend the night. Papa would drive out on Saturday for a visit.

Jackie Barron, who had been Vice President of the Sadieville Branch of Whitaker Bank, retired. The bank held a retirement party for her at the Sadieville Park and Claude and I were invited to attend. This was a must for us. Jackie is such a sweet person and helped us a lot with personal banking and Papa's banking as well as the City of Sadieville accounts. We really wanted to go and say thank you for all she has done. Jackie is the lady on the left. The lady she is speaking with is Barbara Sagaster, another Sadieville resident.
The Bull Shifters were invited to play some music for the afternoon.  This band has Jim Callaway in it. He was President of Whitaker Bank in Georgetown and he also retired earlier in the year.  Jim is in the yellow t-shirt on the right. They play old bluegrass music.
Since it was at the park, it offered a great play place for the Mini's.
It was a very hot day. We came home and ate some lunch and did some quieter inside things for the afternoon. Papa joined us and enjoyed watching the Mini's be about their business.
Thanks to our deck being on the back of the house and the sun setting on the front of the house, we were blessed with a cooler dinner time and enjoyed eating on the deck. After dinner the kids brought their Father's Day gifts to Claude and Papa. They made them golden trophies. Then we gave Papa a gift from Claude and me. Then I had the Mini's come to the basement to help me with Claude's gift from me. I purchased four pillows for our bed. In my mind's eye I pictured each of the kids carrying one of these big pillows and me carrying the other two. We would march out in a line and give the gifts to Claude who would oooo and aaaahhh at the appropriate time.  I did not ever imagine what happened. Hayden and Bailey were happy to help me. We got to the basement where I had the pillows hid in my sewing room closet. I gave Hayden one. I gave Bailey one. Then the games began. You see...it is great fun to hold a big new pillow in front of yourself and run and ram your sibling and bounce off them. Geez!!  Am I getting old or what. Never saw that one coming. They had fun and we all got a kick out of them. Claude did oooooo and aaaahhh at the appropriate moments. It was a good Father's Day celebration.
Thus ends Father's Day 2013.  Andie and the Mini's headed back to LaGrange Saturday so they had Sunday to celebrate Father's Day with Michael.  Papa took his treasures and Tiny and headed back to Georgetown to rest after a very active afternoon.  Claude and I sank into cushy living room furniture to rest, just rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment