Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hayden's Sleepover...

Thursday, June 20th, I picked Hayden up in LaGrange for his sleepover. He wanted to be sure he got the same amount of time as Bailey. Gotta love children and their thought and feeling process. So I made sure I picked him up at his home. We also headed to Dairy Queen in the Louisville area for his lunch. He ate well and earned his new favorite ice cream treat, a Blizzard in a dipped waffle cone. 
Then we were off to Cabela's. We wanted Hayden to see that big catfish. But Hayden also wanted to check out the boats. They have a nice selection inside, thank heavens, because it was a very hot day again. We browsed through them all and then Hayden picked this one for his family boat. I think he made a great selection myself. He also picked a red very sporty speed boat for himself.
Hayden would stay Thursday night and Friday night.
 
Friday he managed to get Claude to play his new version of Monopoly. The super powers of these grandmonsters overwhelms me at times. This version of Monopoly moves much more quickly than the original version. I think it is Monopoly Millionaire. Claude and I were stuck in old fashioned Monopoly mode. This would be our demise. We played along for a bit and then Hayden said, "I think we should count our money."  Okay, we all paused and counted our money. This should have been our clue to remember this was a new version of Monopoly. Alas, Claude and I were still stuck in old Monopoly mode.  Hayden, on the other hand, remembered exactly how much money he had. Each time he added money he recalculated in his head his total holdings. We marveled at his math skills. We played on and eventually Hayden announced, "I won!!"  What?? How??? Claude spent several rounds in jail. I progressed slowly around the board each time slowly accumulating property at a balance with my cash for cash flow needs. Hayden seemed to gain money at an astonishing rate. He had won because the winner must have $1,500,000 in cash. (I think that is the right amount.)  He was happy, we were amazed and we all had fun. This kid definitely has his father's genes coursing through his veins. Michael has an excellent head for numbers and is great at his job because of this skill.
Friday we scheduled a tour of the Toyota plant in Georgetown with Hayden. You have to be 8 years of age and Hayden was now old enough to take the tour. We took him to lunch and then to the Toyota tour. I believe the highlight for him was getting to sit in all the brand new Toyota's they have in the lobby of the visitor's center. He tried them all and picked the Toyota Avalon for my next car.  
 
There are not as many pictures of Hayden. I regret that. But our time with Hayden is different than our time with Bailey, and that is fine. They may be siblings but they are also each their own person. Bailey loves outside time and lots of it. She is up and moving all the time. Hayden is also very active but in different ways. He loves a good book and he also wanted to watch a few movies. We ended our Friday by watching three Harry Potter movies back to back. Great fun. Hayden got to bouncing around after the second movie. I suggested we pause and do something to stretch his muscles. I got one of my exercise bands and put it in the doorway for him to stretch with. He did that a few times and then he said, "I know something that would be better."  I asked him what his idea was. He said, "Walking on the treadmill!"  Well, that was easily set up and he walked and ran on the treadmill till he was ready to sit down again. After the third movie, Hayden wanted to go longer but we told him that was plenty and bed time was in order.  Hayden was told not to wake me up until the time was at least 7am or later. 
 
I slept on and when I awoke Saturday morning it was well after 7am. I got dressed and tiptoed out into the living room. This is what I found. Melted my heart. Our little guy woke up and then went to sleep on the sofa so he didnt' wake me up.
Hayden loves cinnamon rolls for breakfast. So one of his breakfasts with us was to be cinnamon rolls. This time I put them on his plate like a face. He was very happy and totally enjoyed his cinnamon rolls.
We took Hayden to lunch on the way home to LaGrange. Claude made this drive with us. He ate well and enjoyed his meal. As we got close to his home, Hayden got car sick and proceeded to hurl. Andie, knowing both her kids get car sick, had placed a gallon zip-lock bag in the back seat so he could reach it easily. He didn't use it on the way to Sadieville but he sure did on the way home to LaGrange. He got most of it captured and I stretched over from the front seat and wiped him down. The color came back to his lips and cheeks and we thought he was okay. Poor kid, as we turned into the Marx driveway the second round came. I hopped out of the car and ran around to his seat. I pulled him out and over to the grass where he finished his hurling. Poor kid.

It was a great sleepover visit with Hayden. He is growing up and changing so quickly. Grateful we had another opportunity to enjoy just Hayden for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment