Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Kind Little Heart...

Sunday, Papa didn't feel like attending Church, Claude was visiting Owingsville so I had the pew to myself. I was busy trying to get an agenda ready to conduct Primary.  My secretary, who usually provides this for us, was home with a sick child. My counselor who would have conducted was on a Thanksgiving trip and I was substituting for her.

As I sat there trying to get all the items on the agenda for Junior and then Senior Primary, I sensed the presence of a little guy.  Emerson had quietly come into the side pew were I was with his infection grin and that tossled head of red, slightly curly hair. I looked up and grinned at him and asked him if he wanted to sit with me.  He said, "We noticed you were sitting alone."  I put my book away and figured I would just wing it if needed.  Emerson was more important.

I opened the hymnbook and we sang along together.  He sat so quietly.  Then he sneezed.  I asked if he needed a tissue.  He said he did. I got him one from my purse.  He played with that tissue making one of those things you put on her fingers and pretend they are talking.  I knew he was getting restless when he started to try to juggle with that one balled up tissue. 

I took the little tablet I keep in the front pocket of my purse to make quick notes on. It only had about six sheets of paper in there.  I took out the two I had notes written on and left Emerson with 4 blank sheets. I gave him the tablet and a pen and asked him if he would like them.  He smiled and said "yes".  Then he quietly set to work writing and drawing.

After a while, he gave me back the notebook with one page on which he had written the following:
It is a picture of me and Emerson .  How cute is that?  I just love this kid.  What a nice thought and moment for me. I am richly blessed. Thank you, Emerson!

No comments:

Post a Comment