Saturday, December 28, 2013

To Err is...Sometimes Digital...

While trying to send a text from my cellphone I typed "Just want to be accurate." 

Then I started another paragraph which included the name 'Shayanne'.  I would type Shayanne and hit space. My cellphone would immediately self-correct to Shayne.  I would go back and type Shayanne and again my cellphone would immediately self-correct to Shayne.  I went to my settings to see if I could set it to accept what I typed and not self-correct everytime. I found nothing, nada, zip. I went back to my text and typed Shay Anne.  The cellphone left that. Then I put the curser behind the A and backspaced out the A and the space and typed in a little a.  My cellphone finally accepted the name Shayanne.

I pressed send and away the message went.  As it was leaving the text I noticed the first paragraph had also been self-corrected by my cellphone and it now read "Just want to err accurate."

I went from very frustrated with the digital age to just laughing at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment