Thursday, December 5, 2013

December Decorating...

Saturday, after Thanksgiving, we started the process of decorating.  Each trip I made upstairs included some of the decorations needed to accomplish decorating the inside of the house. 

Monday we began the process in earnest. By the end of the day I had the tree up and the upstairs decorated. I was amazed. Claude's Facebook post states clearly his feelings for Monday, "Today I begin the Mt Everest-like climb that is getting the Christmas decorations up. Why did I not use the grandkids when they were in for turkey day?" By the end of the day he had the lights on the front of the house up.  He had meetings to attend during the day so we were happy to get that much going.

Tuesday we spent the bulk of the day in Lexington doing our shift at the Family History Center, having lunch and getting some Christmas shopping finished.  We hurried home so Claude could have a few hours to work on the outside.  He did get the lights started on the back of the house and the Nativity set up on the front yard. Again, great progress for the time available that day. I spent the evening working on getting the Christmas cards labeled.

Wednesday, Claude left for his meeting before the ladies arrived to go to lunch. I walked him to the garage to say good-bye and found this in the garage.
Photo: Priorities...the yard is partially ready but the Jeep is decorated.  Love this guy!
My Facebook post shares my feelings, "Priorities, the yard is partially ready but the Jeep is decorated. Love this guy!!"
 
I headed out for lunch with the ladies. When I got home I was late to pick up Papa.  Claude had just returned from his meeting.  I quickly prepared myself a soda and ran off to fill the rest of my day.  I would not return home until 7pm.  When I pulled up to the house, this was my view.
Again, my Facebook post with this picture.  "What a nice scene I just returned home to. Way to go Big Guy!"  I love the way we decorate the outside of our home.
 
Today Claude was able to finish the back yard between rainfalls and after a quick trip to Georgetown. I spent the morning helping ladies in the Friends of Sadieville decorate the Christmas tree at City Hall.
Now, I must confess, I have only completed a portion of the basement family room. The goal was to do that this evening while Claude was once again at a meeting.  However, I felt awful so I curled up on the sofa and rested for a bit.  I'll complete the family room tomorrow.  It takes a lot but I do love the Christmas decorations until January 1st. 

No comments:

Post a Comment