Saturday, December 21, 2013

Type II

Papa was obedient to not eating the sugar he usually consumes this last week. He fasted Thursday night and only had water after midnight.  I picked him up and had him at Dr. Weckman's Friday morning at 8:45am.

Dr. Weckman talked with him. The nurse took more blood samples.  The results were his blood sugar was at 161 which is a lot better than it was at 337 last week.  We go back in one month to have him checked again.

When I got Papa back to his apartment, I cleaned all the sugar out of his apartment so it wasn't there to tempt him.  I asked him if he wanted me to save it and have it on hand when the kids visit or to give it to the missionaries.  He was very happy to have it go to the missionaries. I called the missionaries and dropped it all off with them at their apartment on my way to run other errands Friday morning.

The side note to this is that Papa's blood is not as thin as it should be taking the Warfarin for his Atrial Fibrilation.  That Dr. Weckman will also watch.

And, we are off to go down the Type II Diabetes learning curve.  We are to work at keeping it in line with diet for now.  I am happy with that.  It will be hard for Papa and he has a big sweet tooth.  But he is also dogged about sticking to what he has to so I believe he will make his transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment